Monday of this week was my first day back at work. I can say it was a good day. There was a lot of work to complete in order to prepare for the students. Yes, you think educators have it easy? This field isn’t for the weak. I took a break during the day to read my \ devotional (The Word For You Today: Strength & Guidance for Daily Living). It was so dynamic I couldn’t resist sharing it with you. The scripture referenced was the exact same one I wrote about here.
At the beginning of the new year, we are all considering, planning and charting our new course. Asking ourselves how I can get there…to wherever there is. The place that will bring what we think is ultimate happiness. I have a simple solution for you. Ask the Creator. What do I mean? What is your GOD-given purpose? December was the month when things begin to be revealed to me (in the shower of course, lol) so clear. That’s why I decided to go back to writing in my prayer journal. I’m amazed when I look back at the old entries and see how much I’ve grown, what useless things I’ve let go of to move forward (NO deadweight needed) and the promises/miracles that have manifested in my life.
Here are 14 questions to ask yourself as you strategize to reach your fullest potential in 2011:
1. What desires have been living in me most of my life?
2. What motivates me to be productive?
3. What keeps me moving forward when I’m worn out?
4. What makes me refuse to quit when I meet with resistance or opposition?
5. What do I do that doesn’t seem like work?
6. What do I do that brings positive response and support from others?
7. What am I doing, or what’s happening in my life when doors seem to open automatically and effortlessly?
8. What do discerning leaders and godly counselors think about my work?
9. What makes me feel good about being who I am?
10. What makes my creative juices flow?
11. What am I willing to sacrifice to accomplish it?
12. What am I doing that I’d be proud to offer for GOD’S approval?
13. What would I do without being paid, if I could afford to?
14. What would I be willing to withstand Satan over, in order to accomplish it?
What are you willing this year to give your life to and for?
The Dream Chaser,